Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate Program
• Applications due July 31
• Program starts September 2021
*Available at No Cost to Qualified Learners*
Reserve Your Spot
Are you ready for a new career? Goodwill is partnering with Facebook to provide scholarships to members of the community looking to start careers in social media marketing. Learn foundational advertising concepts across platforms, and get the tools you need to build a successful digital marketing career, all at no cost to you.
- Self-paced e-learning designed to be completed within 20 weeks, including 100 hours of hands-on, project-based training in applied social media tools and general marketing skills
- 2-hour coaching and study session, one evening per week at Goodwill headquarters in Santa Rosa
- Career planning, résumé building and related employment services
- Upon completion, receive an industry-recognized professional certificate
- Access to a consortium of employers
Qualified Learners Should
- Be aged 18 or above
- Read at the 10th grade level
- Demonstrate basic digital literacy
- Have or be willing to establish a Facebook or Instagram account
- Have access to a computer with 1GB of RAM and internet connection OR use Coursera mobile app with iPhone and iPad (iOS 9.0+) and Android (5.0+) devices.
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week for self-study and 2 hours per week of classroom study for 6 months
About The Certificate Program
- The Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate program is self-paced and designed to be completed within 20 weeks, including 100 hours of hands-on, project-based training in applied social media tools and general marketing skills.
- After completing the program, learners will receive an industry-recognized certificate that they can use to apply for entry-level social media marketing roles.
- Learners will be able to share their information with a consortium of employers who have committed to sourcing diverse talent through this initiative, including Havas Media, L’ange Hair, Snow Teeth Whitening, Ruggable, Freelancer.com, and, of course, Facebook.
- Professional certificate scholarships are funded by Facebook Elevate.
Program and services provided by Goodwill ~ Redwood Empire.
651 Yolanda Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404